We pledge our commitment to environmental issues by complying with and/or exceeding all applicable laws and regulations. Below are the initiatives that we execute daily to ensure we are minimizing the effects on our environment:
- All aluminum plates are sent out for recycling upon job completion.
- The chemistry from developing the plates is neutralized.
- All make ready sheets and waste is sent out to be recycled.
- All jobs that run through our presses are custom sheeted in order to minimize waste. All waste is then packed and sent out to be recycled.
- Our inks are all vegetable based.
- Our waste ink is recycled.
- Presses are run alcohol free.
- During colder months we re-direct the heat generated by the presses to heat the plant.
- We have our Certificate of Air Approval. This certifies that any emissions from Annan & Bird falls well within the legislative level dictated by the Ministry of Environment. Furthermore, it indicates that all emissions are safe and non toxic.
- We comply with all Ontario environmental regulations and are in full compliance with WSIB.
- We are committed to the sustainability of the environment by acquiring our FSC and SFI Certificates.
- All plastic straps used for binding our skids are recyclable.